Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chew on this - chewing more helps you eat less?

You've probably heard this many times before, that chewing your food will help you eat less and there for loose wight. I thought it was an old dieters tale - an anorexics urban myth, but The Globe & Mail's article brings some concrete research forth. I wont go into detail but chewing 40 times instead of the average 15 will trick your brain into consuming less food ie. less calories and eventually you will loose weight. Sounds so simple, but I dare you to try it. Chewing solid food 40 times sounds like a nasty mushy nightmare. As if you want to chew your food until it resembles baby goo and then expect to be satisfied afterwards. I tied chewing a bite of my double cheeseburger 40 times a bite, I got 2 bites in, then I puked in my mouth. Looks like it worked - I only ate 1/2 the burger. I kid. I would recommend chewing your food between 5 and 29.5 chews. Obviously the number of chews varies depending on what you are consuming. I will recommend chewing sufficiently but strictly for digestive purposes. If you're trying to loose weight watch what you freaking eat and go to the bloody gym! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!