Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mango salsa goodbye for the weekend

 I'm heading out of town tomorrow to Philadelphia for a few days for a visit with my friend Molly, and to catch the first leg of the Colonial Cup match between The Team Canada Wolverines and USA Tomahawks.  I wanted to leave you with a simple and delicious Mexican staple SALSA. I just love Mexican food. Fresh ingredients used simply that taste amazing what more could you want. This salsa in delicious you can eat it as a salad, mash the avocado and enjoy with tortilla chips, even put it on top of grilled chicken or fish. It's so good!
INGREDIENTS:
Mango - chopped
avocado - chopped
cucumber - about a cup chopped
red, yellow or orange pepper - choose which ever you desire and chop about a cup
1 garlic clove - minced * if you have one a mortar and pestle works best for this!
1 or two limes - juiced
tajin spice - to taste (I like about 2 tsp)
1 red bird chili (optional) or poblano - fine chop * I used the bird chili because thats what I had, but you can really use any chili you like
salt - to taste
mint or cilantro (optional) - mint is a nice twist if you don't like cilantro
PREP: chop everything and enjoy it - so bloody easy!

Have a great weekend yall, I'll be back with a new post on Monday. Off to try a real Philly cheesesteak. If you have any Philly insider info, or where to chow please post here!!!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great and delicious recipe..thank you for sharing and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I was looking for, my hubby wanted a Mango Salsa last weekend and I didn't have time. Now I've got one for him. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can substitute the mango for peach if you like - it's equally as delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!