Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Friday night dinner with the bf's rents

Last Friday I decided to make dinner for my boyfriends mom. His father/her husband was out of town and I thought it would be nice if we made dinner super easy for her. We showed up with a two course dinner, already made.  Yes I scored major brownie points that evening. I made a roasted jerusalem artichoke soup, with lemon and thyme. Pink cous cous salad and red snapper in a lemon beurre blanc sauce.  Just slightly fancy but my bf cringes every time he hears the word fish, so I have to make it sound like something a bit more appealing. Luckily this dish completely changed his mind about our scaley fillet friends. He tells me that his aversion to fish grew from many years of being forced to eat over cooked fish on a pretty much daily basis. His father is a vegetarian, and before the days of soy beef and tofurky the only other option was fish or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, not exactly dinner. Over all the meal was a big hit, mother happy, left overs for father when he returns home from late day of traveling and my pescaphobic boyfriend is now a complete convert. I feel like foodie superhero, now if only I could change water into wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!